Saturday, October 4, 2008

The LORD is my portion

If the Lord is my portion then why do I so often look for other things to be my satisfaction? Only Christ can bring the fulfillment into my life that I'm longing to find. Never has anything captivated my heart like the Lord Jesus and so consumed my life that it left me feeling so totally satisfied. I felt like I could live for eternity with the one touch of His hand. But I have grown to understand that I cannot base my life on these feelings. They come and go like the wind but God's word endures forever. It would have been nice if someone would have told me that it is by grace that I stand not by my feelings. If I am relying on my feelings to see where my spiritual status is with the Lord then they will deceive me and leave me with condemnation and shame. It is only by grace that I am saved and nothing but the Blood of Jesus can cleanse the very darkest of spots of my heart. Grace sustains me and keeps me satisfied with the Lord Jesus. Grace takes my life and transforms my mind through the word of God. Grace is the very reason the LORD is my portion because without grace I would not even care about Jesus!!

No comments: